PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Oh Media Sdn Bhd (Registration Number 201701044994 (1259167-K) (“OMSB”) use your Personal Data. OMSB is referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “ours”. Any person using and accessing this Site, the Content or the Services is referred to as the “User”, “you” or “yours”.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with us, using our services, purchasing products or services from us or by virtue of your engagement with us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by us as described in this Notice.
We shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with us, by continuing to use our services, purchasing products from us or by your continued engagement with us following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments. In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to us in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
In order to provide our products and services to you, it is necessary for us to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
Sources from which your Personal Data may be obtained
- Fill up and completing application or registration forms or any other similar forms via online or otherwise;
- When you register at the Site(s) as a user;
- From publicly available sources such as directories;
- From social media platforms’ pages, if you subscribe, follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- From credit reporting agencies;
- When you interact and communicate with us at any events, activities or through social media platforms;
- When you enter contests organised by us;
- From various entities or divisions under OMSB;
- By using OMSB websites, which includes all websites operated by OMSB or its service providers and websites of brands that owns by OMSB (“Websites”).
- Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites;
- From our server logs when you log into the Websites, such as details of internet protocol address; or
- From telephone log information when you call us, such as your telephone number.
Purposes of Processing
- to perform our obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any services or products you have requested;
- to process your purchase or request for advertising space;
- where you have requested materials from the resource centre or library, to process your request,
- deliver the materials to you, to provide you a license for the content you wish to use;
- to process your participation in any events and activities including focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys, any productions or events organised by OMSB;
- process, manage or verify your order, purchase or booking of our services and products;
- to validate your purchases and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs; and
- to process changes to our services and products.
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by us in order to engage you;
- to process payments for charges and taxes of the products or services that you have provided to OMSB; and
- to contact you or your company.
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- to maintain, improving or enhance the delivery of our customer service;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of investigation, detection, prevention and prosecution of security breaches, crime or fraud;
- for us to comply with its obligations under law; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.